What is LPG?
LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) can be best described as the closest alternative to mains gas and is used for central heating, water heating, and cooking. LPG can be available in liquid or gaseous form and is stored in bulk tanks or cylinders, depending on the required usage.
If you are looking for a cost-effective system then the LPG heating system could be the solution for you. Your LPG system will only be heating your water to the correct temperature when you will be needing it. This will save you on energy.
In addition to being quite flexible, the LPG system is very versatile. For instance, it can be used for a number of purposes such as fuelling central heating, water heating, fires and cookers with a real and controllable flame for gas hobs, ovens and fires. Your LPG system will not contribute to any ground or water pollution hazards
These are common faults that indicate a boiler needs servicing:
- Flames appear irregular or yellow
- Smell of fumes or gas – (turn off gas at the bottles) Then speak to us.
- Stains or smoke marks around the appliance.
- Overheating – temperature gauge goes above 80 degrees centigrade.
- Pressure drops rapidly – boiler needs refilling more than once a month.
- Fan whines loudly or screeches.
- Pilot goes out repeatedly.
- Poor hot water.
- Radiators don’t all heat up at the same time – possibly a boiler fault, or it is equally possible that the system is unbalanced.
Gallagher Boiler are LPG trained and certified to install all types of LPG appliances. Call us on 01473828806 or 07900211666